Matthews Carter & Boyce (MCB), a 70-person, full-service CPA firm located in Fairfax, VA (Fair Lakes) is growing and we are looking for talent to join our team. Specifically, we are seeking a highly qualified Tax Manager and an Audit Senior to serve as trusted advisors to our clients. MCB provides exceptional professional opportunity within a CPA firm that values work/life balance. We have also just been named one of Accounting Today’s “2020 Best CPA Firms to Work for.” This is the 5th time we have received this recognition.
7+ years of experience, with manager-level experience for at least 1-2 of those years
Proven track record in a public accounting environment
Proven results building relationships and interacting with clients to provide excellent tax planning and consultative expertise.
Pass-through entity tax experience required
Real estate tax experience highly valued
Estate & trust experience a plus
Significant involvement in marketing/firm promotion activities and contributions to firm culture
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Experience preferred with CCH ProSystem, CCH Engagement, CCH Document and XCM
Bachelor of Accounting required, Master of Taxation preferred; current CPA license required
· 4-7 years of recent audit experience
· Proven track record in a public accounting environment
· Will act as the in-charge auditor on most large engagements, completing detailed reviews of all auditors' work papers
· May be responsible for planning & completing fieldwork, conducting risk assessment, and issuing reports
· Proficiency in GAAP Reporting, Single Audit, and Governmental Auditing Standards
· Ability to handle multiple priorities, and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Strong interpersonal and client service skills
· Ability to interact with prospective/existing clients and communicate effectively
· Must proactively supervise and mentor staff
· Less than 10% travel time
· Significant involvement in marketing/firm promotion activities and contributions to firm culture
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience preferred with CCH Engagement and CCH Document
· Bachelor of Accounting required, Master of Accounting preferred; current CPA license preferred or progress toward becoming licensed required
WHO WE ARE -
Matthews, Carter & Boyce (MCB) is a boutique CPA firm founded in 1947 in Washington, D.C. The firm has gradually migrated into Northern Virginia from Rosslyn and Tysons Corner to our present location in the Fair Lakes area in Fairfax (VA).
MCB has developed and maintained long term relationships with its clients by following a basic principle that the truly successful professional engagement is one in which – first and foremost – the needs of the client are completely satisfied.
There has been a careful stewardship in the leadership of the firm from the founders to the present day group of twelve Principals. This stability is guided by the belief that each and every client deserves careful, individual attention and the highest level of service our profession has to offer. Equally important is that every employee receives respect, recognition, reward and optimal fulfillment in their professional and personal lives.