1. Compile company data. Produce accurate and timely financial records such as the general ledger, budget, and journals.
2. Evaluate financial data and reconcile accounts, records or reports as necessary; identify, document, and evaluate existing systems of internal control. Design and assist in implementation of internal controls.
3. Prepare periodic audit and financial reports and statements to meet internal and external needs using specialized financial/accounting software.
4. Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal clients by regularly communicating information of project status, audit issues and potential recommendations. Oversee accounting and auditing work of others to achieve objectives. Assist internal or external auditors as necessary.
5. Review and document inventory records and fixed assets valuation records. Report findings.
6. Research and verify appropriate accounting treatment for transactions and document conclusions.
7. Process payroll, reconcile payroll accounts, and perform electronic data exchange with external financial institutions.
8. Compile, evaluate, analyze and distribute various reports such as audit reports, budget reports, variance reports, expense reports and sensitive confidential reports as necessary.
9. Work closely with internal and external clients on budget monitoring, establishing and maintaining capital and operating project cost controls, tracking status of work orders such as percentage completed and estimate to complete for project costs, and expected completion date. Evaluate reasonableness of compatible units. Provide reports to senior management periodically as requested.
10. Perform work in a safe manner to protect employees, the public, and property.
Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited institution is required.
Two years of professional experience in accounting or auditing is required.
About Nashville Electric Service
Nashville Electric Service is one of the 12 largest public electric utilities in the nation, distributing energy to over 370,000 customers in Middle Tennessee. We are committed to this community, and we work hard every day to make this city shine.