Direct all financial activities in accordance with established objectives, policies and procedures. Provide timely and accurate financial statements and management reports. Responsible for maintaining the Association's cash in accordance with the investment policy. Participate in the management activities of the Association.
1. Prepare quarterly statutory financial statements and accounting reports.
2. Provide assistance to auditors, as well as insurance examiners, including preparation of fiscal year end schedules/ analysis worksheets during audit activity.
3. Prepare and/or reviews all tax forms as required by law.
4. Monthly preparation of the budget performance and other reports as needed by management.
5. Monitor daily cash flow and transfer of funds as needed, including review and/or approval of all operating expenses for proper general ledger classification/payment.
6. Monitor operating account activity for proper posting of deposits, NSF's, unusual transactions, positive pay or fraud alerts, and status of VPIA issued checks as needed.
7. Oversee daily deposit process including the reconciliation of billing differences in desktop deposit.
8. Pay approved bills, prepare journal entries and post approved journal entries.
9. File unclaimed property for uncashed checks in accordance with state requirements.
10. Assist producers with resolution of commission inquires.
11. Complete financial reports required by various external stakeholders.
12. Respond to financial inquiries via email and phone calls.
13. Performs any other duties as assigned.
Additional Salary Information: VPIA provides a performance based bonus program and company paid education benefits.
About The Virginia Property Insurance Association
The Virginia Property Insurance Association was established in 1968 by statute with the purpose of helping property owners who cannot obtain insurance through the standard market. A small organization, with approximately $18 million in annual written premium volume, VPIA employees 15 individuals and provides a flexible work environment.