Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services corporation manages over $50 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Client Services team.
This position will be responsible for presenting financial planning seminars at the Deferred Compensation Plan headquarters On-Site location and agency Work-site locations of various NYC agencies. The goal is to establish The New York City Deferred Compensation plan, (client of ICMA-RC), as the sole necessary resource for financial planning guidance in advance of, and throughout retirement. Seminar presentations and individual consultations serve as platforms to retain plan participants as well as serve to grow plan participation.
Note: Significant travel is required.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Responsible for staying current on all NYC Deferred Compensation Plan services as well as additional City-Wide employee benefits. Keep current with the financial planning industry at large
• Present all NYC Deferred Compensation On-Site seminars which include, but are not limited to the following topics: Retirement Planning, Money and Credit, Estate Planning, Social Security & Medicare, Distribution Planning, NYCE IRA and Tax Planning
• Conduct Work-Site financial planning seminars within the assigned geographic area
• Using highly effective presentation and personal communication skills make concepts and reports understandable when delivering seminars and financial plans to participants
• Conduct Individual Consultations for New York City Deferred Compensation Plan participants
• Other duties and projects as assigned for the program
• Will be required to present both before and after normal business hours
BA/BS Degree or equivalent work-related experience
5-7 years of Financial Services experience
Industry expertise in 457, 401, 403b, IRA’s and other qualified retirement plans
Effective presentation skills to large groups
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships
Knowledge of other City-Wide Retirement Plans
Licenses required/preferred: FINRA Series 6, 63 licenses (CFP replaces 65)
Founded in 1972 through the assistance of a Ford Foundation grant, ICMA-RC's mission is to help public sector employees build retirement security. It all began when the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) had the vision to create an organization dedicated to the retirement needs of public sector employees, and thus ICMA-RC was formed. ICMA-RC was founded to provide portable ret...irement benefits for city and county managers, enabling accumulated retirement assets to be transferred between employers. Today, ICMA-RC serves more than a million participant accounts and about 9,000 plans across the country.