The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a critical member of the senior management team and is responsible for oversight of the organization’s financial, administrative, and human resources operations. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO ensures that the financial, administrative and personnel functions support the mission and objectives of the organization.
Moreover, the CFO serves as the primary staff liaison with the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, communicating directly with the Treasurer and/or President, and is responsible for developing organizational budgets, overseeing cash management, organizational expenditures, accounting functions, and working with board members to manage the organization’s investments.
Reporting to the CFO are the Finance Manager, Director of Office Services and Membership and Accounting Assistant. As a member of the executive leadership team, the CFO will need to be available to work off-site during evenings and weekends to support time-sensitive matters.
- Work closely with the other members of the executive staff to provide coordinated management of the organizations, including providing counsel and advising them in shaping organizational management strategies and plans in support of critical policy and organizational goals.
- Provide leadership to help strengthen the organizations’ effectiveness and capacity to work well as a team, inspiring innovation, collaboration, collegiality, planning and project management.
- Provide analysis of financial and administrative reports and data to enable the management team and boards to make informed decisions, including creating new reports that integrate historical financial information with projections of future financial or administrative states.
- Oversee and facilitate the ongoing work of finance, accounting, monitoring of budgets, cash management, payroll, endowment fund investments, forecasting and other financial analysis; Provide leadership in supporting innovation, adoption of best practices and strong customer service in these areas.
- Oversee and facilitate the ongoing work of human resources, information services, information technology and internal communications; Provide leadership in supporting innovation, adoption of best practices and strong customer service in these areas.
- Provide leadership, encouragement and support in the ongoing efforts to enhance the diversity and cultural competence of NPMA’s staff.
- Serve as the staff liaison to Finance and Audit Committee
- Serve with the Chief Executive Officer as a trustee of the 401(k) plan. Review and sign on behalf of organizations a variety of financial documents (such as business contracts, summary plan descriptions, audit engagement letters, audit reports and 990’s).
- Oversee and facilitate the ongoing work of facilities management and disaster preparedness for staff. Provide leadership in supporting innovation, adoption of best practices and strong customer service in these areas.
- Provide financial and administrative support services to the Pest Management Foundation, Professional Pest Management Alliance, Foundation for Professional Pest Management (QualityPro) and NPMA PestPac.