Are you an experienced Investment Management tax professional who is looking for a reduced work schedule and continue to work on complex state tax issues for some of the most well-known Global Investment Management firms?
We are looking for a Multistate Tax Manager and/or Senior Consultant who has a specialization in the Investment Management industry to assist full-time during our peak season months and then reduce your hours the remainder of the year to achieve personal and professional balance. Positions include seasonal, part-time or flexible - any time percentage.
What you’ll do
You will provide state tax compliance and consulting services to Investment Management industry clients such as hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity funds, and other alternative investment funds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing a detailed technical review of partnership and corporate state tax returns and work papers for Investment Management clients.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising staff on assigned engagements.
- Overseeing complex tax projects requiring research and tax analysis for a variety of investment fund structures.
- Assisting with audit defense for state tax notices.
- 3+ years’ experience in state tax compliance for partnership and corporate multistate tax returns for Investment Management clients
- Solid understanding of state investment partnership rules, common structures for private equity funds, mutual funds, hedge funds and private wealth funds
- Solid understanding of sourcing rules for non-unitary partnerships, business and nonbusiness sourcing rules
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other business related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA or if not qualified, licensed Attorney, an Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Management experience
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States, with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional’s opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.