BMP Real Estate Holdings is the owner and developer (the Company) of the Balsam Mountain Preserve, which is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina approximately 45 miles west of Asheville near the town of Sylva. In addition to development activities, the Company has affiliated entities at Balsam Mountain Preserve that provide real estate brokerage services as well as golf and sports club membership services and activities.
The Balsam Mountain Preserve development is a 4,400 acre low density private mountain residential community whose mission statement includes a commitment to preserving its natural surroundings through responsible human stewardship of the natural systems that support all life at Balsam Mountain Preserve. To ensure that generations to come can enjoy this rugged and beautiful place, over 75% of the development (approximately 3,400 acres) has been placed in a permanent conservation easement, thereby providing a sanctuary for living creatures whose natural habitat is within the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Balsam Mountain Trust, a 501 c 3 nonprofit organization, has management and oversight of this donated land and its resources.
We are currently seeking an individual who can immediately contribute to a dynamic and growing team as Controller-Real Estate Development & Club Accounting. This position will be at located at Balsam Mountain Preserve in Sylva, North Carolina.
- Manage all accounting for all projects under development, including but not limited to the operation of the golf and sports club, land, lot and amenity development and lot sales.
- Supervision of a bookkeeper or junior accountant while supporting personnel in cash management and payroll.
- Preparation of accurate monthly financial statements and cash flows, including GAAP and management styled reports, for entities that conduct residential real estate development and real estate brokerage sales as well as a North Carolina nonprofit corporation operating as a member owned golf and sports club.
- Preparation of quarterly board meeting financial reports and analysis.
- Preparation of monthly budget variance reports and analysis for all entities.
- Assist in annual financial planning, budget preparations and analysis which may include preparing development pro formas and other special projects as required.
- Other special financial reporting and financial analysis.
- Effectively communicate with management regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services related to invoices or billings.
- Maintain project-related records, including billings, invoices, expenses, contracts and other documents (in an electronic format whenever possible).
- Work with management to review and approve vendor/sub-contractor invoices related to a project/entity.
- Oversee the payment of all costs for all projects/entities.
- Provide support and compile information for external auditors, as required.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems and written protocol of internal control procedures that will improve the overall operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Company and its affiliated entities. Anticipate ever changing procedures to keep up with impending growth and modify accordingly.
- Perform other operational and accounting duties as assigned.
- Stay current on new accounting pronouncements that affect the Company and its affiliates. Work with management and financial team to insure accurate and timely implementation into financial statements.