Entrepreneurial and fast-growing Distillery in Manassas, VA seeks Senior Accountant responsible for all aspects of company financial reporting and accounting. Specific responsibilities will include: journal entries, cost accounting, inventory tracking, account reconciliations, account analysis, local and sales and use taxes and financial statement preparation. Position reports directly to the CEO and accounting firm.
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full -Time
- Handles day to day accounting functions including but not limited to processing Accounts Payable invoices and Accounts Receivable, cash management, paying and filing bills, preparation of supporting schedules, reconciling account balances and preparing adjusting journal entries
- Reconciles sales per point of sale system to the general ledger
- Processes Timesheets/Payroll using outsourced payroll service and maintains HR/Benefits related documents
- Manages physical inventory counts, investigates discrepancies and variances for raw materials, work in progress, finished goods and merchandise
- Prepares and files monthly sales and use tax return and annual State and local business returns
- Prepares information for tax accountants for federal and state income tax returns
- Assist in yearly Budget development and Revenue Projections
- Fosters communication between departments to accurately track information and facilitate management of the business
- Interfaces with software technical support
- Ensures compliance with GAAP principals
- Prepares monthly financial statements as well as Cash Flow and other reports as requested by CEO
- Assist with other tasks and responsibilities as needed
EEO and At-Will Statements:
KO Distilling provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or military status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This position is an At-Will Position, meaning that the employer or the employee can end the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice, for cause or without cause unless there is a written, signed contract to the contrary signed by the company President.