Senior Finance Manager, Global Revenue in Albany, NY
Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Senior Finance Manager of Global Revenue will report directly to the Director of Accounting and will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, cross-functional and international environment with an experienced global finance team. In this newly created position, the Senior Finance Manager of Global Revenue will interact with all levels of management to support a wide-range of global revenue recognition and process transformation initiatives, including leading the Company’s adoption and implementation of FASB ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers. Beyond revenue accounting and policy activities, this position will be responsible for assisting with special initiatives related to global accounting activities and process and system enhancements. Working closely with the corporate and multi-national finance teams, this role will provide a great path to valuable experience with revenue recognition and reporting and process optimization and simplification.
• Manage global closing and reporting processes, policies and initiatives that support the Company’s global compliance with US GAAP revenue recognition standards, including documentation of the Company’s revenue streams.
• Identify and implement opportunities to stream-line and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Company’s revenue recording & reporting processes and monthly/quarterly financial close processes and drive global consistency of revenue processes across the Company’s multi-national locations and Centers-of-Excellence/Share Services teams.
• Assist the Global Technical Controller with the Company’s adoption of FASB ASC 606, which is effective January 1, 2018. Responsibilities include implementation planning, contract reviews, identification of process changes, development of new footnote disclosures and related data gathering processes, documenting the Company’s implementation process, documenting technical accounting decisions, development of a revised global revenue recognition policy and coordination with external technical consultants.
• Perform certain corporate-level closing activities related to the monthly/quarterly financial close process and lead, or assist the Corporate finance team with, the documentation of unusual or complex revenue transactions as part of the quarterly financial close process.
• Support Company leadership and other finance team members with guidance on revenue recognition for unusual or complex commercial arrangements and document revenue recognition conclusions.
• Collaborate with the commercial and legal teams, and partner with the Global Technical Controller, to perform pre-execution commercial contract reviews and provide recommendations on optimal commercial contract terms and conditions, as well as impacts to revenue recognition timing.
• Assist the global finance teams with enhancing the process, internal controls and documentation necessary to support revenue recognition associated specifically with the Company’s co-development arrangements.
• Lead special global accounting, finance and reporting initiatives, as needed.
• Prepare ad hoc financial reports and perform financial analyses as necessary.