The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a Director of Accounting for our Headquarters office in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The Director of Accounting is responsible responsible for corporate finance and GAAP reporting for the organization. Areas of responsibility include GAAP financial reporting, payroll taxation, collections, disbursements, internal and external audits, and cash flow.
Accounting Functions and Financial Systems
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements;
- Coordinate all audit activity and prepare detailed audit schedules;
- Create and maintain finance manuals and other working documents as needed to ensure staff adhere to recommended practices and procedures;
- Oversee international accounts payable and supervise Accounts Payable Manager and three A/P Analysts;
- Oversee all domestic and international payments, wires and ACH transactions;
- Provide oversight on credit card reconciliations, employee expense reports, cash control, and oversee payroll tax compliance with ADP; and
- Utilize Deltek CostPoint system and make recommendations for ongoing improvements in functionality as required.
Cash Flow Management and Controls
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs and actual expenses;
- Develop documentation of procedures and recommendations for process improvements;
- Monitor bank balance positions during the course of the year;
- Interface with outside audit firms, banks, business insurance agents, credit card companies, etc. on MBN’s behalf;
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting in partnership with CFO;
- Oversee biweekly domestic payroll and monthly overseas payrolls and supervise domestic and international payroll accountants; and
- Supervise staff accountant in the preparation of monthly account analysis and ad hoc reporting and review balance sheet and income statements for accuracy.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; monitor progress, and keep the CFO abreast of any changes;
- Assist in the preparation of draft tax reporting (IRS 990) and manage other local and state regulatory reporting requirements;
- Support the CFO around issues and trends in accounting and MBN’s finances.