Within the current MAMIC organizational structure, the President/General Manager serves as the Chief Executive Officer, recommends and participates in the formulation of new policies and makes decisions within existing policies as they have been approved by the Board of Directors. The President/General Manager plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the programs and activities of the Association to assure that objectives are attained, plans fulfilled and member needs met. He/she also maintains effective internal and external relationships through management and leadership, achieves economical, productive performance, forward-looking programming and constructive growth of the Association.
The President/General Manager position requires occasional weekend work and attendance at numerous industry meetings. Some examples would include the setup, preparation, and attendance at the MAMIC convention; attendance at the NAMIC convention; and numerous other functions that may require duties being performed at times other than regular business hours. Flexibility in the times and hours worked is imperative.
The President/General Manager serves in a secretarial capacity of the Association and as a member of the Executive Committee and the various committees provided for in the articles and by-laws of the Association. He/she serves as the general manager of the Association. (Per article IV, section IV Association by-laws.) General duties include:
- Keeps minutes of all meetings of the Board of Directors as well as various committees.
- Notifies members of the Board and committees of the time and place of meetings.
- Arranges for meeting sites for Board and committees as well as meals and housing when applicable.
- Handles correspondence to, from and within the Association.
- Represents the Association as a member of the NAMIC Advisory Board.
- Prepares, edits, and has printed or provide electronically brochures, programs, proceedings and forms for the operation of the Association and its activities. Maintains and distributes such forms and documents as prescribed by the Association.
- Keeps officers, committees and members informed of the activities of the Association as well as events of concern to the Association and its membership.
- Serves as liaison to AAIS for the Association’s group forms AAIS affiliation.
- The successful applicant may be expected to serve on any industry related Boards of Directors, Political Action committees, etc., if nominated and elected to any of those positions, with the approval of the MAMIC Board of Directors.
The President/General Manager is also required to:
- Collect membership dues.
- Collect fees for various schools, workshops and convention.
- Collect charges for forms, brochures, materials, etc. as prescribed by the Board of Directors and/or committees.
- Pay all bills and accounts.
- Deposit monies in proper Association accounts and/or savings and investment accounts.
- Keep records of all financial transactions.
- Prepare required reports: federal income tax (990), payroll reports and all other tax reports and job service reports as may be required.
- Make tax deposits and/or payments at proper times (withholding, social security, etc.
- Arrange for annual review by a CPA.
- Prepare and distribute payroll.
- Collect and pay annual affiliation fee to AAIS.
Further, the President/General Manager is required to:
- Oversee the activities of various committees.
- Arrange for all meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. as directed by the Board of Directors or its designated committee(s).
- Secure instructors, speakers, entertainers for schools, workshops and convention as well as deal with the details of the annual meeting and convention in support of of the various convention committees.
- Attend as representative of MAMIC the activities of other related groups and organizations.
- Represent MAMIC at appropriate National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) and Missouri Insurance Coalition (MIC) functions and activities.
- And visit member companies upon request when time permits.
- Call on potential new members and associate members.
- Serve as a liaison between the member company and other national or state organizations, including the Missouri Department of Insurance.
- See that the desires of the Association are made known to the Legislature (state and federal) via the lobby or other means as appropriate.
- Pursue continuing education in association management.
- Arrange for any group travel as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Suggest and prepare agenda in cooperation with the Chairman for various meetings.
- Execute any other duties as required by the Board of Directors