We have been retained to recruit a proven and experienced Vice President Revenue Cycle for a NY based developer and manager of centers of excellence for amputation prevention, wound management and hyperbaric medicine. Our client manages over 200 wound care centers in 30 states. They are growing fast and will continue to do so over the next few years. The ideal candidate would operate out of the greater NY city area but for the “right” candidate a virtual operation could be arranged.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Revenue Cycle has company-wide responsibility for overall revenue management. The Vice President is a member of the finance department leadership team of a rapidly growing healthcare management services company. The Revenue Cycle team consists of 4 Revenue Cycle Managers, 14 Revenue Cycle Representative, 1 Reimbursement Manager and 6 Professional Coders.
This position has oversight and leadership responsibilities for the following areas: HIMS; proactively driving revenue cycle goals, ensuring full integration of revenue cycle strategies and activities as well as optimization of revenue cycle operations, including national coding functions, all pre-certification roles, revenue recognition, revenue cycle initiatives, revenue analytics, billing/collections and all other aspects of revenue management. The Vice President will work closely with the Revenue Cycle team and the Company’s hospital partners to ensure that the billing is appropriate and collectable.
The Revenue Cycle team is primarily field-based with several managers and representatives that work directly with hospitals and centers. This position requires travel up to 50% of the time, and exceptional leadership abilities and the ability to collaborate with operations company-wide and interface at all levels within a hospital in order to enhance quality, customer service and financial sustainability.
- Manages Accounts Receivable with oversight of bad debt and revenue adjustments, billing, and related cash collections and postings. Developing, implementing and directing staff in achieving approved goals, objectives, and related program changes, in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Ensures, through effective management, the integrity, quality, accuracy and performance of the entire revenue cycle and HIMS functions for the company
- Incorporates best management practices in the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Leads, manages and improves revenue cycle team (coders, per-certification nurse specialists, A/R managers and reps) and the HIMS functions processes, policies and procedures, and technologies (throughout the company) to ensure that they are developing, building and complying with a clearly defined, effective revenue management approach consistent with the overall mission and strategic plan of the company.
- Researches, develops, and applies proven financial, workforce, and process management principles and methods to optimize the revenue cycle. Monitors the local and national emerging and best practices associated with Revenue Management.
- Constantly reviews and evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of revenue cycle and HIMS operations and recommends and guides modifications as conditions change.
- Achieves measurable performance improvements in each function of a scaled revenue cycle service operation, intervening on unfavorable trends and areas of risks. Develops a relevant performance reporting suite of metrics, and related structure of performance review meetings to establish an accountable environment.
- Understands and develops the information and training necessary to educate the clinical teams on documentation to support proper coding. Leads the efforts to train the Revenue Cycle Team and clinical leaders and managers on proper documentation.
- Takes a lead on disseminating any changes to the NCD and LCDs that affect the Company’s centers and its hospital partners.
- Uses proper and appropriate auditing techniques to ensure documentation compliance and uses the results to provide the clinical staff with feedback and training to correct any documentation insufficiencies.
- Has a keen understanding of technology, data analysis and reporting, and can leverage technology to improve processes and controls.