Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Financial Reporting Manager with proven experience with U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all SEC reporting requirements, interpretation of U.S. GAAP accounting standards and participation in monthly internal financial close and reporting processes. Under the direction of the Company’s Controller, this position will have extensive contact with accounting staff, executive management, and external auditors.
- Manage the Company’s SEC reporting process, including preparation of quarterly, annual and other periodic SEC filings, and preparing appropriate technical documentation and memoranda to support financial statements prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements
- Manage the Company’s compliance with U.S. GAAP accounting/reporting requirements, with particular emphasis on implementing new U.S. GAAP standards and interpreting existing standards for specific transactions.
- Manage schedules and timelines, and coordinate appropriate review of information, to ensure that all financial statements and related documents and disclosures are accurately prepared on a timely basis
- Interface with the Company’s external auditors during audits of the Company’s consolidated financial statements and reviews of SEC documents
- Participate with other Finance managers and staff during the Company’s monthly financial close process to ensure timely and accurate account reconciliation, activity analysis, and internal financial reporting.
- Assist with finance process improvement initiatives to ensure effective and efficient use of Company resources, including effective use of Costpoint system tools for completion of assigned tasks
- Mentor staff on technical accounting matters
- Interact with employees at all levels, and across all departments of the Company, as necessary to ensure achievement of Finance and Company-wide goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- CPA required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in an independent public accounting firm
- Experience auditing public clients or managing SEC reporting processes, with strong knowledge of current accounting and reporting requirements and trends
- Proficiency with accounting management information systems; Costpoint preferred
- Knowledge of risks and internal controls related to accounting and financial reporting functions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a pressure environment
- Ability to travel to support business needs
E & E is a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in 85 scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.