The knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to do this job well include:
- Solid, basic accounting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient use of spreadsheets, calculator, Word, and other PC applications
- Positive interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to get along well with others and an interest in being of service to others
- Being flexible-doing what needs to be done whether it was on your agenda or not, being open to learning new things and new ways of doing work, etc.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Ability to build and maintain a good attendance and punctuality record
The qualifications for this job include having five years or so of relevant work experience such as working with a general ledger, account reconciliation, monthly journal entries, financial statement work, etc. Experience with Great Plains accounting software is wonderful, but not required. A high school diploma is necessary and any college coursework in accounting is a plus! Having a strong work ethic, a good sense of humor, and pleasant if somewhat quiet disposition will define the best candidates!
Why would you want to work at NAMIC? We offer a friendly, yet professional, work environment. This job touches almost everything in accounting and we encourage cross-training, so there’s room for professional growth. There wouldn’t be much overtime so a good work-life balance is possible. We have low turnover. Hours are generally 8:00 to 4:30, Monday thru Friday. This position comes with a good benefits package that includes access to health, dental, and vision insurance, and an immediately matched 401(k)! The hourly salary range is from $20.51 to $25.64 per hour, depending on the relevancy of experience. And did we mention that NAMIC was one of Indiana’s Best Places to Work for 2015?? To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Jenn Mitchell, HR Coordinator, at email@example.com.
NAMIC is an equal opportunity employer! www.namic.org