We are adding to our accounting team in Ames, Iowa! In this role, the Senior Accountant will assist with technical accounting and financial reporting. Additionally, this role will collaborate with various teams within our company to ensure that we are continuing to provide best-in-class guidance and service to our internal and external customers.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare technical memos to support conclusions for key/significant impact issues
- Proactively monitor current SEC and U.S. GAAP developments
- Identify and implement changes in reporting process and accounting policies
- Prepare schedules/reports for quarterly reviews/annual audits
- Responsible for adherence to the company's framework of internal controls
- Prepare account reconciliations, month-end journal entries and month-end close
- Assists with the preparation of GAAP and SEC financial statements and reporting packages, including related footnotes, schedules and analysis.
- Journal entry preparation including supporting analysis when applicable.