We are seeking a seasoned tax accountant with at least 3-5 years’ experience in public accounting.
Your responsibilities would include:
· Preparation and review of business, individual, estate and fiduciary returns.
· Tax planning and consulting for small businesses and high net worth individuals.
· Preparation of compiled and reviewed audited financial statement engagements, including planning, supervision and completion.
· Direct client contact to assess and address their needs.
You should possess the following skills:
· Strong independent working skills with the ability to initiate and follow up on projects
· Excellent communication skills
· Analytical, technical tax and accounting skills
· Experience with software used in a tax preparation practice including the digital tools used in a paperless office environment
· Ability to research complex accounting and tax issues
Additional Salary Information: We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including 401(k) matching contributions, new client bonus program, flexible hours with the opportunity to work remotely once fully trained.
Smith, Watson & Company, LLP is an accounting firm located in Berkshire County, Massachusetts. We have been one of the premier accounting firms in western Massachusetts since 1973. When hiring, one of our core objectives is to select, develop, and retain people who will thrive in our environment and will realize their own personal career goals. We are looking for people who are passionate about... our business and we will help them realize their goals. When you join Smith, Watson & Company, LLP you begin your future with a group of dedicated professionals committed to your success. Our best assets are our professionals and we provide the training and tools necessary for their success. Our clients vary greatly in type and size. As a result, you will be involved in learning the intricacies of our client's business and their products and services. You will be given the opportunity to work with clients in a variety of different capacities. You will not be limited to one aspect of accounting when dealing with clients; rather, you will be involved in all of the firm's service offerings. Visit www.smithwatson.com